Monday, July 16, 2012

DAY NINE: Manila


Got up early and headed out to Manila to go shopping at Green Hills. I was expecting more of a market with crafts and one of a kind souvenirs but it was a mall. There were small stall shop areas but mainly if you were interested in a knock-off Prada purse or a Rolex. I did find a few really cool things but overall I was a little disappointed. However, it was an exciting day because I was able to get pasta! When I'm in the US I eat pasta around 3 times a week so not having it has been hard so I was very excited to eat my pasta, and yes it was very good and hit my pasta craving perfectly.
After Green Hills a small group of us headed to Intramuros which is an older section of Manila that has lots of Spanish architecture and a really old church. 3 weddings were going on when we got there, one right after the other. I got to see some very interesting bridesmaids dress and yes they are just as hideous here as they are in the US. My favorite was the bridesmaids that had bright orange dresses with green sashes-- the colors made me think of a pumpkin. The architecture there was gorgeous and we had a great time wandering around, shopping in the little souvenir shops and meeting new people. A few of us decided to get some food at a hostel in the area and we met 3 guys from Holland that were headed to northern Luzon to see the famous rice terraces.

No comments:

Post a Comment